Summer is heating up! With the start to a brand new year and the Australian Open commencing in a little over a week, there is a lot to look forward to. We have teamed up with the talented Hazel & Cacao (aka Talida Voinea) – a food blogger with a background in Biomedical Science and a love for healthy treats. Talida created this tantalising summer slice made from all natural ingredients. The perfect treat to eat while watching the tennis!
By Hazel & Cacao
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup medjool dates (pitted)
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup cacao butter
- ½ cup macadamia butter*
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked in water for at least 4 hours or overnight)
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- ¼ cup light raw honey or light agave syrup if vegan
- Raspberries & Chopped Pistachios
- For the base: add your macadamia nuts and pitted dates to a food processor and blitz until crumbly and sticky
- Sprinkle the desiccated coconut evenly over the base of your square slice tin to prevent sticking
- Press down your macadamia date mixture firmly into the base of your tin. Set aside.
- For the filling: gently melt down your cacao butter on the stove on low heat until liquid and set aside to cool while you prepare the rest of your filling
- Add the rest of the filling ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Once blended add in your liquid cacao butter and blend again.
- Pour filling mixture over your base and spread out evenly
- Add some raspberries and chopped pistachio nuts as garnish
- Freeze for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Allow to thaw slightly before slicing. You can also add your raspberries and pistachio’s after your slice has frozen.
- *You can use store bought macadamia butter or make your own by blitzing a generous ½ cup macadamia nuts in a food processor until they make butter – it can take a good few minutes. Use more macadamia nuts to have some butter left over for later.