Craving for something sweet without worrying about added sugar or refined carbohydrates?
We have teamed up with Alyse Co-Cliff from An Apple A Day Nutrition to bring you this heavenly gluten-free treat. Use this recipe to make a delicious banana bread loaf or perhaps portion them into mini-muffins, whatever you choose, we guarantee this guilt-free recipe is sure to keep you satisfied!
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup macadamia oil
- 2 tbsp. rice malt syrup, honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder / extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. gluten free baking powder + 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a loaf tin or line a muffin tray with unbleached patty cases.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and mix well.
- Spoon batter into a cake tin and cook for 45mins (skewer should come out dry). If you are making muffins, a tray of 12 usually requires 20- 25mins, depending on your oven.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before turning out the loaf. Serve with almond butter and cinnamon or organic, grass-fed butter.