With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, we teamed up with the talented Hazel & Cacao to create a romantic, healthy and delicious V-Day treat.
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, we teamed up with the talented Hazel & Cacao to create a romantic, healthy and delicious V-Day treat. Unlike most valentines chocolates, these little hearts are refined sugar free and loaded with plant based protein and healthy fats. These tantalising chocolate bites are the ideal healthy treat to make for your loved one or to treat yourself – and not just at Valentine’s Day but any time of the year. Please note: You will need some little heart molds (or any small raspberry sized shape would work).
Raspberry Chocolate Hearts
- 2 TBSP cashew butter
- 3 TBSP coconut oil
- 3 TBSP raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP raw honey or maple syrup
- about 20 raspberries fresh or frozen, depending on the size of your molds.
- Place all ingredients except raspberries in a small pot over low heat and gently mix and melt down the cashew butter and coconut oil until all ingredients are well combined
- Place 1 raspberry into your heart shaped chocolate mold (or any shape mold)
- Pour chocolate into molds covering the raspberries
- Set in the freezer for at least 20 minutes to set. It may need a little longer depending on the size of your mold. Enjoy!
Made by Hazel & Cocoa
Summer is heating up! With the start to a brand new year and the Australian Open commencing in a little over a week…
Summer is heating up! With the start to a brand new year and the Australian Open commencing in a little over a week, there is a lot to look forward to. We have teamed up with the talented Hazel & Cacao (aka Talida Voinea) – a food blogger with a background in Biomedical Science and a love for healthy treats. Talida created this tantalising summer slice made from all natural ingredients. The perfect treat to eat while watching the tennis!
By Hazel & Cacao
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup medjool dates (pitted)
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup cacao butter
- ½ cup macadamia butter*
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked in water for at least 4 hours or overnight)
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- ¼ cup light raw honey or light agave syrup if vegan
- Raspberries & Chopped Pistachios
- For the base: add your macadamia nuts and pitted dates to a food processor and blitz until crumbly and sticky
- Sprinkle the desiccated coconut evenly over the base of your square slice tin to prevent sticking
- Press down your macadamia date mixture firmly into the base of your tin. Set aside.
- For the filling: gently melt down your cacao butter on the stove on low heat until liquid and set aside to cool while you prepare the rest of your filling
- Add the rest of the filling ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Once blended add in your liquid cacao butter and blend again.
- Pour filling mixture over your base and spread out evenly
- Add some raspberries and chopped pistachio nuts as garnish
- Freeze for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Allow to thaw slightly before slicing. You can also add your raspberries and pistachio’s after your slice has frozen.
- *You can use store bought macadamia butter or make your own by blitzing a generous ½ cup macadamia nuts in a food processor until they make butter – it can take a good few minutes. Use more macadamia nuts to have some butter left over for later.